Best of Devon and Cornwall (Women Only)
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2022
Sign up for a whirlwind female-only holiday on this popular England trip through Devon and Cornwall. With new girlfriends by your side, you'll discover the legend of King Arthur at Tintagel Castle and learn how the monks of Buckfast Abbey have lived for centuries, before indulging in a traditional cream tea or Cornish pasty.
- Discover Bath, Bristol, Brixham, Plymouth, Dunster, Lynmouth, Exeter and Salisbury
- Visit Royal Windsor, the Roman Baths in Bath, Longleat House in Warminster, Lacock village, Buckfast Abbey, the artists' colony of St. Ives, Exeter Cathedral, the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge and John Constable's Salisbury
- View Windsor Castle, the Capability Brown landscaped parkland at Longleat, Tintagel Castle in Cornwall, the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth and St. Michael's Mount
- Connect With Locals Savour an exclusive Be My Guest cream tea at The Old Forge, the former family home of Jane Seymour, one of Henry VIII's six wives.
- Dive into Culture Enjoy a guided tour of Longleat House, the seat of the Marquesses of Bath and one of the finest stately homes open to the public.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Buckfast Abbey, a Benedictine monastery built on the site where monks have lived and prayed for over 1,000 years.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 7 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Pick-up and drop-off when you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host when you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
Call (607) 734-4131 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627271
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London: A vibrant mix of old and new which marches to its very own unforgettable multi-cultural tune. Spend your day exploring the city's iconic sights - its royal heritage, exquisite architecture and fascinating museums. Then take to the city's streets this evening, enjoying the buzz of Soho or perhaps attend a West End show.|
|Day 2||Explore Windsor, Bath and Bristol||Explore Windsor, Bath and Bristol: This morning, meet your Travel Director for a journey through lush landscapes to the historic market town of Windsor. Journeying west, we arrive in the stately Georgian town of Bath, whose beautiful Pulteney Bridge and 15th-century Gothic Abbey provide a picturesque backdrop for the Roman Baths from which the city takes its name. See the steamy thermal pool of the 'Great Bath' before travelling to easy going Bristol, where we'll enjoy an orientation of the city including views of the Clifton Suspension Bridge and Brunel's SS Great Britain, the world's first ocean-going luxury liner.|
Hilton Garden Inn City Centre
|Day 3||Experience a Stately Home and British Village Life||Experience a Stately Home and British Village Life: Leaving trendy Bristol behind, we embark on a scenic drive through the English countryside, arriving at Longleat Stately Home where we'll Dive Into Culture and gain insights into centuries of British tradition. Embark on an included guided tour one of the country's finest stately homes, currently home to the 7th Marquess of Bath. Wander through its grand rooms featuring priceless collections of art, antiques and tapestries collected by 15 generations and admire the exquisite Capability Brown landscaped parkland. Later, we stop in the picturesque village of Lacock - its honey-coloured stone cottages and 15th-century inns have served as an iconic backdrop for such famous films as 'Pride & Prejudice', 'Harry Potter' and 'Downton Abbey'.|
|Day 4||Coastal Devon and Plymouth||Journey to Coastal Devon and Plymouth: The sounds and smell of the sea beckon as you make your way to Devon and stop in the fishing town of Brixham where Sir Francis Drake's ship 'Golden Hind' is permanently moored. You'll head to Totnes, on the Dart River, and Connect With Locals at a Be My Guest experience where you'll savour a cream tea at The Old Forge. This 600-year-old structure was originally the workshop for the Duke of Somerset's Berry Pomeroy Castle and Estates and the former family home of Jane Seymour, one of Henry VIII's six wives. Continue to Buckfast Abbey where you'll Dive Into Culture and gain insights into how Benedictine monks have lived and prayed for nearly 1,000 years. Venture to Plymouth next, where pilgrims once left English shores for an unknown new world. This evening you could choose to toast to their bravery over an optional dinner with your fellow travellers.|
|Day 5||Admire Historic Sights and Venture to Exeter||Admire Historic Sights and Venture to Exeter: Continue your journey to lovely St. Ives, a popular retreat for artists, surfers and sun-worshippers. On the way, enjoy views of St. Michael's Mount with its 17th-century castle, perched dramatically atop the tidal island near the seaside town of Penzance. Stop at Tintagel Castle, the legendary birthplace of King Arthur, and admire its rugged clifftop vantage point overlooking the wild Atlantic. Your final destination today is the sophisticated capital of Devon - Exeter. Its stunning medieval centre is yours to explore on your own this evening.|
|Day 6||Enjoy Scenic Somerset and Dartmoor National Park||Enjoy Scenic Somerset and Dartmoor National Park: This morning, visit the Exeter Cathedral with its 15th-century astronomical clock and misericords, said to be the earliest complete set in the United Kingdom. Continue to the Somerset village of Dunster, where you'll have some free time for lunch and an opportunity to view its castle on your own. Visit Lynmouth next, the walking capital of Exmoor, then drive through the brooding landscape of Dartmoor National Park, stopping at a traditional pub for a memorable Farewell Dinner with your travel companions. Return to Exeter, where you'll spend the night.|
|Day 7||Prehistoric Stonehenge and London||Onwards to Prehistoric Stonehenge and London: This morning, visit the ancient monoliths at Stonehenge, which rise imposingly on Salisbury Plain, imagining a time when pagans and druids would gather in their mysterious midst. We'll visit the town of Salisbury, home to Britain's tallest spire, before returning to London.|
|Day 8||London||Farewell London: Say a fond farewell to your travelling companions at the end of a wonderful vacation, as you prepare to return home with treasured memories.|
- Gratuities: You have the option to pre-pay the gratuities for your Travel Director and Driver. Please speak with your travel agent.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class