2022: Italy & Greece with Iconic Aegean Islands Cruise (6485)
16 Day Tour from Rome to Athens
Call (607) 734-4131 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16578295
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore Italy's ancient capital using your CosmosGO app. This evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Rome||The 'Eternal City' is steeped in history, vibrantly alive and exciting, and absolutely unique! Start the included introduction to Rome's landmarks fromSt. Peter's Square with a Local Guide. Enjoy a drive along the iconic landmarks of the city: the Tiber River, the Caius Cestius Pyramid, the Aurelian Walls and the Caracalla Baths. Complete the experience with a walk back in time from the Circus Maximus to the Arch of Constantine and to the fascinating Colosseum, symbol of the Roman Empire. Don't miss out on the opportunity to visit the treasures of the Vatican museum and the Sistine Chapel on our optional excursion. (B)|
|Day 3||Rome-Pisa-Florence||Vistas of rolling hills, cypress trees, vineyards, olive groves, and rural villages form the backdrop of your journey through beautiful Tuscany. Stop in Pisa and enjoy a mini-train ride to see the Square of Miracles and the amazing Leaning Tower, then on to Florence. End the day by joining the optional Gastronomy Experience in a typical restaurant.Today's Distance: 273 mi/ 440 km (B)|
|Day 4||Florence||This Renaissance gem and city of the Medicis will keep you enthralled the entire day. Don't miss out on the included walking tour with a Local Guide, which features the city highlights. You will see Piazza Santa Croce; beautiful Piazza Signoria; Palazzo Vecchio and its courtyard; Loggia dei Lanzi, and, to top it all, see Piazza del Duomo and its cathedral with the Giotto Campanile. (B)|
|Day 5||FLORENCE-VERONA-VENICE AREA||Journey north to enchanting Verona to spend some time at leisure strolling around the historical center with its many highlights. Continue to the Venice area.Today's Distance: 242 mi/ 390 km (B)|
|Day 6||Venice||Venice is more like a marvelous film set than a real-life city, with its crisscrossing canals, gondolas and water buses, arched bridges, palaces, and quiet little piazzas. Take a boat ride to St. Mark's Square and enjoy time at leisure for a chance to watch Venetian glassblowers at work. Don't miss out on the optional gondola trip, gliding along the picturesque canals with a local troubadour to serenade you. (B,D)|
|Day 7||OVERNIGHT FERRY CROSSING TO IGOUMENITSA||Travel across the flatlands of the Po Delta to reach Ancona on the shores of the Adriatic Sea, to embark on the ferry for the crossing to Igoumenitsa.Today's Distance: 227 mi/ 365 km (B)|
|Day 8||IGOUMENITSA (DISEMBARKATION)-OLYMPIA||During the crossing, enjoy all the ship's amenities. Disembark in Igoumenitsa and drive south into the Peloponnese to Olympia.Today's Distance: 172 mi/ 276 km (B,D)(excluding overnight ferry)|
|Day 9||OLYMPIA-NAUPLIA||Enjoy time at leisure, or make the most of this morning by taking the optional tour of the sites of ancient Olympia, including the ruins of the Temple of Zeus. In the afternoon, enjoy the rugged scenery of the Peloponnese on the way to Nauplia. This evening, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.Today's Distance: 130 mi/ 210 km (B,D)|
|Day 10||NAUPLIA-MYCENAE-ATHENS||Morning visit with a Local Guide to the impressive ruins of Mycenae, an ancient city of Homer's epics. Later, stop to view the Corinth Canal, which was built between 1881 and 1893.Today's Distance: 143 mi/ 230 km (B)|
|Day 11||Athens||Join the included sightseeing tour of Athens, featuring the highlights of the ancient capital and a visit to the Acropolis. Explore the shops and museums or take tram to the coast. In the evening, enjoy the lively atmosphere of the tavernas in the old Plaka district with its narrow streets and sound of bouzouki music, or join an optional traditional Greek dinner. (B)|
|Day 12||ATHENS-PIRAEUS (EMBARKATION)-MYKONOS||Board your Celestyal cruise ship. Cruise the Aegean Sea to Mykonos, with its white houses, chapels, and windmills. Late-evening departure for Kusadasi, Turkey. (B,L,D)|
|Day 13||KUSADASI, TURKEY-PATMOS, GREECE||Two ports of call today. First, Kusadasi on the Turkish coast. An included excursion is available to the fascinating Greek, Roman, and Byzantine excavations of Ephesus. Next, discover the tiny Greek island of Patmos, where St. John the Divine wrote the Book of Revelation. The 11th-century monastery with its valuable manuscript collection is well worth a visit. (B,L,D)|
|Day 14||HERAKLION-SANTORINI||First port of call today is Heraklion on Crete. Join the included excursion to Knossos, the center of the 3000-BC Minoan civilization. Afternoon call (weather permitting) at Santorini, the 'Black Pearl of the Aegean.' An optional shore excursion takes you up to the cliff-top village of Oia for one of the world's most breathtaking panoramas. (B,L,D)|
|Day 15||PIRAEUS, GREECE (DISEMBARKATION)-ATHENS||Early morning arrival at the port of Piraeus. Drive to Athens and relax, visit a museum, or go shopping. (B)|
|Day 16||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Port taxes $129 & Gratuities $30 to service personnel and Cosmos Host on board the ship are not included but are additional and mandatory. These fees will be added to your Vacation Estimate.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).