This northern France tour is the perfect way for value-minded travelers to see the highlights of Paris plus the Loire Valley and Normandy. Beautiful scenery combined with famous landmarks and fascinating history sum up this tour.You'll visit some of northern France's interesting and charming towns, including Rouen, best known for its connection to Joan of Arc. Here, step into the splendid Gothic cathedral, which was once the world's tallest building and the subject of a series of Claude Monet's paintings, just like the water garden in Giverny, depicted in some of his most famous canvases. Visit Honfleur, a romantic port city; Rennes, with its traditional, colorful timber-framed houses; Blois, a picturesque town with its renaissance castle located in the town center; and Chartres, famous for pilgrimages to its 13th-century gothic cathedral. In Bayeux, follow the story of the Norman conquest of England in 1066 depicted on the Bayeux Tapestry, listed by UNESCO. Admire the cathedral, ramparts, and ancient walls in St. Malo, a fortified seaside resort. World War II history comes to life as you visit the American Cemetery at Omaha Beach and the landing beaches. Other highlights of this affordable France tour include picturesque Mont St. Michel, situated on a rocky isle with its world-famous abbey that has been a pilgrimage spot for centuries. Spend a day at leisure in the Chateaux Country with the opportunity to take an optional excursion to visit the Chateau of Chenonceau, a 16th-century, fairytale castle with a moat, drawbridge, and towers. From the historic sights to the picturesque scenery, this is a dream vacation!
Call (607) 734-4131 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15544758
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Check into your hotel and use your CosmosGO app to explore the French capital. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Paris||Enjoy a full day to explore the 'City of Light,' known throughout the world for its fashion, art, museums, cuisine, and joie de vivre. Enjoy included sightseeing with a local expert to see many of the best-known Parisian sites, including views of the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. Optional excursions are also available. (B)|
|Day 3||PARIS-GIVERNY-ROUEN-HONFLEUR-DEAUVILLE||Start the day with a visit to Giverny*, home of impressionist painter Claude Monet. The famous water garden at Giverny was the inspiration behind some of Monet's finest work (gardens open from April to October). Continue to Rouen to visit its great cathedral. Next, enjoy a stop in lovely Honfleur, situated on the Seine estuary, and then continue to the seaside resort of Deauville.Today's Distance: 199 mi/ 320 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||DEAUVILLE-NORMANDY LANDING BEACHES-BAYEUX-MONT ST MICHEL||Visit the legendary beaches of Normandy, where Allied troops landed more than 75 years ago. The highlights are Arromanches and the American Cemetery at Omaha. On to Bayeux, famed for its lacemaking and the world-renowned Bayeux tapestry depicting the story of William the Conqueror and Harold, Earl of Wessex-who led the Norman and Saxon armies in 1066 to conquer England. Then, discover spectacular Mont St. Michel, which stands on an island accessible by a causeway.Today's Distance: 143 mi/ 230 km (B)|
|Day 5||MONT ST MICHEL-ST MALO-RENNES-CHATEAUX COUNTRY||Drive along the Brittany coast to the fortified seaside resort of St. Malo to admire its cathedral and ancient walls. Later, visit Rennes with its traditional, colorful, timber-framed houses, then reach the enchanting Chateaux Country.Today's Distance: 261 mi/ 420 km (B)|
|Day 6||Chateaux Country||Spend a whole day at leisure or to take advantage of a fascinating optional excursion to Chateau of Chenonceau, now privately owned, and the most visited castle of the Loire Valley. Visit Amboise, where Leonardo da Vinci spent the last three years of his life. (B,D)|
|Day 7||CHATEAUX COUNTRY-BLOIS-CHARTRES-PARIS||Visit picturesque Blois with its renaissance castle, once occupied by Louis XII. Later, stop in Chartres, home of the famous Gothic cathedral. Arrive in Paris to enjoy an optional evening excursion.Today's Distance: 193 mi/ 310 km (B)|
|Day 8||Paris||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).