2022: Biblical Israel - Faith-Based Travel - Protestant Itinerary (5340)
8 Day Tour from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem
Call (607) 734-4131 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15544603
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||TEL AVIV, ISRAEL||Welcome to Israel! Check into your hotel, then this evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||TEL AVIV-JAFFA-CAESAREA-MUHRAQA-MEGIDDO-TIBERIAS||Leave Tel Aviv and drive to the old port of Jaffa. Sightseeing continues at Caesarea, an ancient port turned stunning archaeological zone. Admire the restored 3,500-seat Roman THEATER, the aqueduct, harbor, and the crumbled moat and towers from the 12th-century CRUSADER FORTRESS. Next, visit MUHRAQA on Mount Carmel, site of Elijah's contest of faith with the priests of Baal. From here, travel to the ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE OF MEGIDDO, an age-old fortified town and site of the Battle of Armageddon in the End Times, according to the Bible. Stay overnight in the lakeside city of Tiberias. Today's Distance: 117 mi / 188 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||Philippi||Today, travel to Kibbutz Ginosar to see the ancient boat at the JESUS BOAT MUSEUM, followed by a CRUISE on the Sea of Galilee. Next, visit Capernaum and see its ANCIENT SYNAGOGUE AND THE HOUSE OF ST. PETER. Travel north to the MOUNT OF BEATITUDES, where Jesus delivered his Sermon on the Mount, and continue to Tabgha to visit the CHURCH OF THE MULTIPLICATION, the site where Jesus fed 5,000 people with two fish and five loaves. On to Caesarea-Philippi (Banias), home to one of the springs of the Jordan River and a place where Jesus taught his disciples. Today's Distance: 31 mi / 50 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Jerusalem||This morning, stop in CANA, site of Jesus' first miracle when he turned water into wine at a wedding. Continue to Nazareth and visit the CHURCH OF THE ANNUNCIATION, ST. JOSEPH'S CHURCH, and of the old village. Leave the Galilee area, drive through the Jordan Valley, and visit the YARDENIT BAPTISMAL SITE (departures April 2 to September 3 include Baptism ceremony), then ascend the Judean Mountains to Jerusalem, with a stop at a viewpoint overlooking the Old Town. Today's Distance: 144 mi / 231 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||JERUSALEM EXCURSION TO BETHLEHEM||Set off on a touching walking tour of Jerusalem's Old Town. From the MOUNT OF OLIVES, take in memorable views over the city. Descend via the PALM SUNDAY WALK and visit the GARDEN OF GETHSEMANE, where Jesus prayed on the night before his arrest. Visit the CHURCH OF ALL NATIONS, located next to the garden, then enter through St. Stephen's Gate and arrive at the POOL OF BETHESDA. Follow in Jesus' footsteps along the Way of the Cross to the CHURCH OF THE HOLY SEPULCHRE. Walk through the JEWISH QUARTER, reconstructed following unification of the city after the Six-Day War in 1967. Stop at Mount Zion to visit KING DAVID'S TOMB and the CENACLE-the Upper Room where Jesus and his disciples had the Last Supper. View the unearthed colonnade-style thoroughfare with its ancient marketplace. Travel to Bethlehem, birthplace of Jesus and King David. Visit one of Christianity's holiest places, the CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY, situated on the site where Jesus was born. Today's Distance: 10 mi / 16 km (B,D)|
|Day 6||Jerusalem||Today, head for the Southern Wall excavations and visit the DAVIDSON CENTER, one of the most significant archaeological sites in the country. Continue with a stop at the WESTERN WALL, the holiest place in Judaism today. Next, visit the GARDEN TOMB and enjoy the scenery of the beautiful garden, a perfect place for personal reflection and worship. Then, visit the ISRAEL MUSEUM to see the Shrine of the Book and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Later, tour YAD VASHEM, the 'World Holocaust Remembrance Center.' (B,D)|
|Day 7||JERUSALEM OPTIONAL EXCURSION TO QUMRAN, MASADA & THE DEAD SEA||Today is free to relax, revisit some of the Jerusalem sites at your own pace, or join an exciting optional excursion to the Dead Sea, the planet's lowest point on dry land. Travel to Qumran with an included visit to the Qumran Caves, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. Continue to Masada and ride the cable car up to the magnificent rock fortress, on a clifftop above the Dead Sea, where 960 Jewish rebels made their last stand against Roman forces in 73 AD. Later, head for the shores of the Dead Sea, where you'll have time to experience the incredible buoyancy in the salt water. Return to Jerusalem. (B)|
|Day 8||Jerusalem||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (The nearest airport is Tel Aviv.) (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local Guides are available for pre-purchase.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).