GLOBUS 2019: Land of the Midnight Sun & Lofoten (ZL)
12 days from Oslo to Oslo
Call (607) 734-4131 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14357696
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Oslo||Welcome to Oslo! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Oslo||Today gives you a proper introduction to Oslo, the country's hub of trade and industry. Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the National Theater, considered the home for Ibsen's plays; the unique Storting building, seat of Parliament; and the Royal Palace, residence of Norwegian monarchs since 1849. Stroll through magnificent FROGNER PARK with Gustav Vigeland's extraordinary sculptures; and visit the CITY HALL, where the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony is held each year. Afterwards, an optional excursion is available to see relics of Norway's glorious seafaring past-including 1,000-year-old Viking ships! (B)|
|Day 3||Honningsvag||Board the plane and fly across the Arctic Circle. Land in Alta, and proceed to Honningsvag. After dinner, enjoy [LF] an exciting excursion to the North Cape located at 71 10'21?N, a sheer cliff rising 1,000 feet from the Atlantic Ocean. See the iconic globe, and visit the NORTH CAPE HALL with its visitor center, before returning to your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Alta||Morning at leisure. Why not join an optional Bird Safari by boat to the Gjesvaerstappan bird cliffs. In the afternoon return to Alta. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Tromso||Visit the ALTA MUSEUM with its spectacular rock carvings, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Discovered in 1973, they are evidence of a settlement going back to over 4,000 BC. Drive south and enjoy [LF] FERRY CROSSINGS on the Lyngenfjord and the Ullsfjord with views of the Lyngen Alps. Arrive in lively and colorful Tromso, the biggest town in Northern Norway, surrounded by high mountains and beautiful fjords, starting point of many great polar explorerers. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Tromso||During an orientation walk with your Tour Director, explore the old wooden buildings in the historic center. Then, visit the impressive ARCTIC CATHEDRAL, the city's landmark, with its peaked roof and stained-glass windows. Choose from our optional excursions: ride the Fjellheisen cable car and maybe visit Sommaroy island, pearl of nature. (B)|
|Day 7||Harstad||Continue further south via the coastal island of Hinnoya, and arrive in Harstad, city of culture. Here, visit TRONDENES HISTORICAL CENTER, a museum focusing on the history of the area from the early Viking settlements to the Nazi occupation during World War II. Also see Trondenes Church nearby, dating back to late medieval times. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Svolvaer||Head for Svolvaer, and start your Lofoten adventure! The Lofoten archipelago is known for its magnificent natural scenery with dramatic mountains and peaks, open sea and sheltered bays, tiny fishing villages, white beaches, and crystal-clear water. Stop for pictures and fantastic views of Sildpollnes with its chapel. Arrive in bustling Svolvaer, Lofoten's capital. For hundreds of years, artists have been inspired by the light and the scenery. In the afternoon, [LF] travel to Kabelvag and see Lofoten Cathedral dating back to 1898 and the village used by fishermen during the famous Lofoten Fishery season. The town has preserved much of its old architecture and from its square you can see the statue of King Oystein on the hill. Visit LOFOTEN MUSEUM, an authentic 19th-century setting, with the former village owner's residence, rorbu cabins, general store, boathouse and garden. Continue to the famous fishing village of Henningsvaer with its codfish drying racks, lovely harbor, and art galleries. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Svolvaer||To make the most of your stay, experience the Viking Age on an exciting optional excursion to the Lofotr Viking Museum in Borg which houses an impressive reconstruction of the Chieftain's house. (B)|
|Day 10||Bodo||Another scenic day! Take pictures of beautiful Ramberg beach, before heading down to the well-known, picturesque fishing village of Reine, situated on several small islands. In Moskenes, board the FERRY and cross the Vestfjord to Bodo on mainland Norway. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Oslo||After a visit to Bodo's interesting NORWEGIAN AVIATION MUSEUM, board the flight to return to Oslo. Tonight, celebrate your Arctic journey with a farewell dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Oslo||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Globus, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $402. Required intra-vacation air segment: Oslo/Alta; Bodo/Oslo. Air prices were effective on September 12, 2018 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.Single room supplement: $750Triple room reduction per person: $130Extra nights per person in Oslo:in single room $167-$227, in twin $113-$146, in triple $90-$112
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).